Shareabouts is a mapping tool to gather crowdsourced public input, including suggested locations and comments. It’s ideal for crowdsourcing bikeshare stations and gathering input on wayfinding projects, neighborhood asset mapping and more. Contact us to discuss our customized, hosted installations for cities.
Shareabouts can be used for:
- crowdsourcing public input on bikeshare station locations
- collaboratively designing urban wayfinding systems
- community asset mapping
- emergency mapping
- participatory budgeting
- … and anything else where you want to gather public input about places
Shareabouts has a simple, user-tested interface that makes it easy to add your voice to the map: suggest a location, add a comment, support other suggestions and share locations with your friends and neighbors. Project managers will find Shareabouts flexible and powerful, making it easy to customize for many different uses.
Explore demos and active Shareabouts sites:
- Crowdsourcing Chicago’s bike share system
- Gathering input on North Carolina’s bike network
- Local street problem mapping, identifying safe and unsafe intersections.
- Community asset mapping, identifying and documenting historic buildings
- Gathering usage data for a city park.
- Mapping ATM surcharges.
- Surveying bike commuters about parking at stations.