Shareabouts is a flexible tool for gathering public input. Collect locations from citizens, through a user-friendly map interface. Use Shareabouts to collect rich, informative local data from a wide range of participants from neighborhood to state-scales.
- discover gaps in state-wide bike networks
- identify locations for participatory budgeting projects
- find out where street furniture is getting in the way of pedestrians
- Users can upload photographs to the map when adding locations – go further than written descriptions, gather images!
- Configure categories for different submissions, and differentiate them with icons on the map
- Collect additional information about participants – optionally, gather name, zip code, contact details
- Gather detailed information about a location – with flexible surveys, ask multiple open questions to collect detailed qualitative information. Or, require participants to use checkboxes, drop-down lists and yes/no questions to collet quantitative information.
- Link responses to other relevant map layers, including neighborhoods and elected representatives’ districts. Use this to understand your data as it comes in.
Shareabouts not only helps build up detailed data from local wisdom but it is also effective for project promotion. A well-designed, rewarding public input tool helps your project reach more participants: participants using Shareabouts can browse locations submitted by other people, add comments and questions, and share them over Twitter and Facebook.
As people participate via your map, monitor submissions on your customized dashboard view, to understand where input is coming from and what people are saying.
Contact us to discuss a configured and hosted Shareabouts map.